Should you have any queries or concerns we would be happy to provide further information. If you would like further explanation please contact us using the contact detail below.
Who are we?
Clarendon Street Veterinary Clinic is an independent small animal veterinary surgery located in Cambridge. We provide services to diagnose and treat sick and injured animals and advise owners on preventative healthcare for their pets. We are based at 28 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, CB1 1JX. You can contact us on 01223 359 021.
What information is collected from you?
We may collect and store your name, address, telephone number and email address. In very limited circumstances we may collect health information with your consent.
How information about you will be used
We may use the information you supply to us in a number of ways:
- To administer your account and provide you and your pets with the products and services you purchase from us.
- To send you marketing communications as a surgery client – you can opt out at any time:
- We may use your information to send you reminders about products and services you have already purchased from us by SMS, email or post. Examples include reminders about when your pet is due for a vaccination or worming treatment.
- Newsletters featuring advice on health care. You can opt out of these emails at any time.
- To get feedback on the services we provide.
- For statistical analysis.
- For debt collection purposes.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your details with any third parties without consent unless the law requires us to do so. Some of the occasions where we may need to share your information are listed below.
- Companies working on our behalf: In some situations, we use a third party company to help provide some of our services (for example processing laboratory samples or sending reminder messages when your pet’s vaccinations are due). In these circumstances, we will share only the data required to provide the service.
- We may also be required to share your information with insurance companies when processing pet insurance claims. This is necessary to allow you to claim on pet insurance policies.
- If you would like your pet to be referred to a specialist veterinary hospital, we will provide them with your pet’s clinical history and your contact details in order for them to arrange an appointment.
We have contracts in place with these third parties that ensure your data is stored correctly, will not be used for purposes other than fulfilling our contract with them and will not be retained by them for longer than is necessary.
How long do we keep your information?
We are required by law to keep your records for 7 years including contact details.
We will only process your data whilst you are an active client. An active client is defined as having sought the services of the veterinary surgery within the last 18months. After 18months we will contact (email or phone call) clients to prompt them to see if they wish to remain active. After 2 years of inactivity, we will close the clients account and archive the data.
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive to ‘remember’ who you are. The majority of browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. The toolbar on most browsers will have a feature to tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable any existing cookies. Please note, however, if you do disable, reject or stop cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Website features and services we would like to offer you.
When you visit our website, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard web data. We use this to provide information about the number of visitors to the website and the number of page views. It is useful for statistical purposes. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Your personal rights
You have the right to request a copy of your personal information held by us. We will respond within one month and the information will be provided free of charge. Please do this by writing using the address below: 28 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, CB1 1JX or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that before we can commence this process, you will need to provide proof of identify – a current passport or driving licence.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Clarendon Street Veterinary Surgery refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
If you would like to complain about the way we have handled your data please contact us in person, by telephone, 01223 359 021, or in writing by post to 28 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, CB1 1JX or to email@example.com
If, following your complaint you are not happy with the outcome or our response, you are also entitled to complain to the independent regulatory authority, the ICO.
Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113